It’s been just over two months since the UK went into lockdown on 23 March due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and to mark this milestone and the incredible resilience of our community throughout this difficult and challenging time, Ross Good Neighbours is launching its ‘Ross In Lockdown’ photo competition to record your personal experiences over the past weeks.
Social media posts have rocketed since we’ve all been asked to stay at home (or more recently ‘alert’) and people in and around Ross have been regularly uploading a creative and inspiring collection of positive, thoughtful and humorous photos to their social media accounts. The team at Ross Good Neighbours would love to showcase your efforts in our ‘Ross In Lockdown’ photo competition with the winners’ selection being announced and printed in the Ross Gazette during July and included in an exhibition at St Mary’s.
There are five categories you can enter – details as follows along with the link you will need to submit your photo (one entry per person):
- NHS: for example, NHS workers and colleagues, carers, volunteers, Clap for Carers, rainbow art etc
- Home: portraits, activities, home schooling, Easter, VE day, video calls – anything that represents your lockdown
- Outdoors: pictures you’ve snapped during your daily exercise routines eg nature, landscapes, Ross town centre, shops or walking your dog
- Baking: your lockdown triumphs or disasters!
- Art: any adult or children’s indoor / outdoor projects including paintings, sewing, sketches, a fashion item or garden installation you’ve designed
The above category descriptions are only suggestions – we welcome your interpretation of each theme.
To submit your entry to the competition, either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to our facebook page
Terms & Conditions:
– All entries must be original photos of, and owned by, the participant – we’re looking for thoughtful, fun or inspiring images that you feel represent your time in lockdown
– Photos must be taken within the Ross-on-Wye Town and District
– Colour or black & white images accepted in .jpeg version
– Open to all ages – under 16s must ask an adult’s permission and please also ask permission of anyone appearing in your photo
– Participants agree that their photos can be used by Ross Good Neighbours to promote the Ross In Lockdown photography competition before, during and after the submission deadline
– Submissions for the competition must be received by 23:59 GMT on Monday 6th July
– Winners in each category will be announced in during July in the Ross Gazette
– Winning entries in each category will be reprinted and framed in A3 format – initially displayed online in conjunction with St Mary’s photographic exhibition and later on at a local public exhibition to be confirmed once lockdown lifts.
– Entries will also be displayed in the online St Mary’s Lockdown Exhibition